Woman hit by MC vehicle, dies
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- BSE Sensex falls 49 pts, Larsen & Toubro Limited shares hit by Q4 data
A woman lost her life after getting hit by a JCB machine owned by the Ludhiana Municipal Corporation at Jagraon bridge on Monday. But no case has been registered against the driver.
Chameli Devi, the victim, was taken to ESIC Hospital after getting hit but was declared dead on arrival. The accident occurred around 9.30 in the morning.
Surinder Mohan, SHO, division number 1, said, "We have impounded the vehicle but no case has been registered with us by the kin of deceased. Thus, no arrest has taken place."
While health officer Dr Charanjit Uppal said that Rajinder Singh, executive engineer, was looking into the matter, the latter said ''Hakam Singh, SDO, Zone-D'' was answerable. Hakam Singh said he was "not present in the city on Monday and thus has no knowledge about the accident".
In another development, a truck owned by the MC went missing from an empty plot of Zone-D office. The driver, Gurpreet Singh, who parked the vehicle on February 8 and found it missing the next day registered a case at Sarabha Nagar police station on February 10.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow