Woman in broken live-in relationship hits back
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Regular wickets keep Sunrisers Hyderabad in the hunt
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
Says ex-partner cheated her with false promise of marriage
The custody battle between an estranged live-in couple got murkier on Tuesday, with the woman not only denying the allegation of her former partner that she was in an "immoral" profession but also claiming in an affidavit that he cheated her by making false promises of marriage. She also claimed he concealed the fact that he was already married to another woman and had two children from her.
Justices A M Khanwilkar and R Y Ganoo asked the couple to pursue their litigation over custody of their three-year-old daughter before the district court in Thane where the man has filed a petition. The court allowed the man to retain the child's custody in the interim.
In a rejoinder filed through her lawyer R B Paranjape, the woman said she was never a bar dancer in Dubai as alleged by her ex-partner but juggled jobs as a singer, cook and a cleaner. Paranjape said theirs was more a "walk-in and walk-out" relationship than a live-in relationship.
Claiming that he could provide the child better education and moral upbringing, the man had said in an affidavit filed through lawyer A P Madhuri earlier: "The complainant [his former partner] has no education, is totally illiterate and is a bar dancer."
The woman contended, "His cruelty, to the extent as to allege immorality and debauchery, is only with the intention to take undue advantage of his own wrong."
She claimed she had two other daughters from her deceased husband and they regularly attended school. She also said she, not her partner, had borne the medical expense during childbirth. She also alleged he was an alcoholic.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow