Woman jumps to death after throwing three daughters into river
- Spot-fixing: Petition in SC seeks stay on IPL matches, seeks SIT probe
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Sanjay Dutt spends restless nights as officials yet to decide on his jail
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Railgate: BJP protests against CBI DIG for shielding Pawan Bansal
A woman threw her three daughters into a river killing them and later jumped to death in Daund town here, police said today.
The 26-year-old took her four daughters to a bridge over river Bhima yesterday and threw three of them -- aged one and a half, four and six -- from a height of over 100 ft even as the seven-year-old, the eldest of the siblings ran away to save her life.
After killing the three girls, the mother-- Afrin Shaikh--- too jumped to her death.
All the four had drowned by the time people rushed to the river bank to save them, police said.
The reason behind the woman taking the extreme step is not known. The woman's husband is a truck driver.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'