Woman kills daughter after husband tries to rape child
- Sreesanth, Jiju Janardhan lived in independently booked rooms: Cops
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Maxwell falls early in stiff run-chase
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
A woman allegedly hacked to death her adopted seven-year-old daughter after her husband attempted to rape the child.
The woman, Sakshi, attempted suicide last night by cutting her veins after killing the child with a sharp edged iron weapon, police said today.
As the couple did not have a child, Sakshi's husband Ramesh had adopted the daughter of his brother.
Around two days ago, Ramesh had allegedly attempted to rape the child and the matter was subsequently reported to police by Sakshi.
After the arrest of Ramesh, Sakhsi was scolded by her in-laws for reporting the matter to police and bringing bad name for the family.
On her way to the hospital, Sakshi told police that she was being harassed by her in-laws for taking the matter to police.
They were mounting pressure on Sakshi to withdraw the complaint when she took the extreme step.
She has been booked under section 302 of IPC (murder) and 309 of IPC (attempt to commit suicide).
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations