Woman molested in police custody
- Former Ranji player held, Sreesanth and others to be produced in court today
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- All eyes on Narendra Modi as BJP set to discuss strategy for Lok Sabha polls
- SC agrees to hear PIL to stay IPL matches due to spot-fixing
- Monstrous tornado rips through US city of Oklahoma, 90 dead
A 40-year-old woman was allegedly sexually assaulted in police custody and admitted to hospital in a critical condition in Central Assam's Morigaon district, police said today.
Morigaon Superintendent of Police Ainul Haque said the woman has filed a complaint that she was picked up by Mayong police station personnel on the night of November 26 for allegedly giving shelter to some poachers in her house.
The women alleged that she was assaulted and sexually abused by the Officer-in-Charge of Mayong police station, Subhas Doley, and was admitted to Morigaon Civil Hospital in a critical condition.
Haque said that he has ordered an inquiry into the incident and has directed the hospital authorities to conduct the medical examination of the woman.
Necessary legal action would be initiated against the Officer in Charge if the medical examination of the woman proves conclusive, the SP added.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held