Woman murders husband
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
A woman along with her friend murdered her husband by slitting his throat with a sharp-edged weapon on Thursday morning. She suspected him of having an extra-marital affair.
Simran along with her friend Rani attacked her husband Gurmeet Singh while he was sleeping.
After the incident, Simran went to the police station and confessed to her crime. Simran is 45 years old while her husband was 35 years old.
The crime occurred in LIG flats near Samrala Chowk early in the morning.
Sub-Inspector Karamjeet Singh confirmed that the woman confessed to her crime. Later, police arrested Rani and Simran in a case of murder. The weapon used in the crime is yet to be recovered.
Simran said she had been living separately from her husband because of the differences between the duo on account of an illicit relationship.
It was Gurmeet's first marriage while Simran's first husband had died and she re-married Gurmeet. She had three children from the first marriage, one had died and two others were married, said the police.
According to additional SHO of division number 7, Gurmeet had come to meet his wife in the LIG flats in the wee hours. When he went to sleep in the house, she killed him. About 5 am, Rani gagged Gurmeet while Simran slit his throat with a sharp-edged weapon.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in ‘friendly fire’