- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
As we have Kareena Kapoor in the film, obviously the brands that she endorses are more likely to come on-board but she also attracts the brands that she is not an ambassador of
— Siddharth Roy Kapur, Managing Director, Studios Disney UTV
As the society becomes more prosperous and women get empowered, they tend to consume more brands than men. Today, the brand gender has blurred as the brands that were traditionally consumed by men are now gobbled by women too.
— Harish Bijoor, Consults Inc.
Brand associations have been a part of Hindi film revenue-generating model for some time now. Last year, Shah Rukh Khan launched a blitzkrieg of promotional activities for his superhero extravaganza, RA.One, due to the various brand tie-ups with his film. And while actors have commanded brand associations easily, now, even female protagonists are raking in the moolah for the producers by attracting a variety of brands to associate with their films. Case in point: Kareena Kapoor-starrer Heroine that releases on September 21.
More than eight brands have been associated with this Madhur Bhandarkar directorial venture produced by Disney UTV. These include Lakme, Head & Shoulders, Cera, Rupa, Jealous21, Cocoberry, Sugarfree and Monarch Universal. While Lakme (that is going to launch Heroine branded products under the Absolute range), Head & Shoulders and Monarch Universal come from a kitty of brands that the actress endorses, the others have been brought on board by the in-house team at Disney UTV that focuses on drawing in the brands that are the best fit with the film. Siddharth Roy Kapur, Managing Director, Studios Disney UTV, says, "As we have Kareena Kapoor in the film, obviously the brands that she endorses are more likely to come on-board but she also attracts the brands that she is not an ambassador of." After all, those brands, otherwise would not have a star like Kareena on-board to push their products. For instance, the apparel brand Jealous21, launching a designer range inspired by Heroine.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow