Woman raped by eight youths for six months, 4 detained
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Madras High Court issues notice to BCCI, Sports Minister over IPL spot-fixing
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- Govt further cuts import tariff value of gold
Four persons were detained on Tuesday after a 25-year-old woman lodged a complaint with the Santacruz police stating that eight youths had been raping her for the past six months. The woman, who approached the police along with her husband, told the cops that she had been keeping mum about the alleged abuse as the suspects used to threaten her.
According to the police, the woman said on the first occasion, two of the eight accused raped her at knife-point, and made an MMS clip which they used later to threaten and rape her. The victim also alleged that the accused also threatened to kill her child if she approached anyone.
The eight men are residents of Shastri Nagar in Santacruz (West). According to the police, the accused used to enter the victim's house when her husband was at his shop in Thane. But on Sunday, when her husband returned early, he was shocked to find her with one of the accused.
Police officers said the couple had an argument but when the victim narrated the chain of events to her husband, he broke down and decided to approach the police. The couple has been married for the past six years, and moved to Mumbai from Kutch in Gujarat about two years ago.
After the couple approached the police, four of the accused were immediately detained while the rest are still absconding, the police said.
Officers said the eight were known eve-teasers in the area and used to harass women in the locality, officers said. "Some accused have been detained. Investigation is on," said Vishwas Nangre-Patil, Additional Commissioner of Police (West Region).
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow