Woman raped by teenager at gunpoint in UP
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
A woman was allegedly raped at gunpoint by a teenager who also tried to kill her in a village here, police said today.
The incident took place yesterday at Gharidesh Raj village.
The youth took the woman at gunpoint to a nearby field when she was returning from the market and raped her, police said.
The accused also tried to kill the victim but fled after the woman raised an alarm, they said.
The victim has been sent for medical examination and a hunt is on for the accused, police said.
Meanwhile, an irate mob gathered outside the police station and demanded immediate arrest of the accused.
In another incident, a minor girl was allegedly abducted from neighbouring Hathras district and gangraped by a group of youths, who later dumped her in a field in Kakroli area.
The victim, who was found in a semi-contious state today, told police that she was abducted and raped by a group of four youths, who also threw acid on her face.
She has been admitted to the district hospital and hunt is on for the culprits, police said.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet