Woman raped, her male colleague beaten mercilessly
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
A 37-year-old widow was raped last night by two unidentified people even as her male colleague was stripped and beaten mercilessly, the police said today.
An Unjha police official said the woman and the man were talking to each other sitting in a vehicle when the two men arrived on their two-wheeler and threatened the woman's colleague with a knife.
The duo then stripped the man and beat him, the police said, adding one of the two assaulters then tied the woman's hands and legs with her sari before both of them took turns to rape her.
The incident took place between 9 pm and 11 pm last night, the police said.
"In the morning, people heard the cries of the woman and they informed us. We took her to the police station and she stated in her complaint that the rapists were aged between 25 years to 30 years," the police said.
The woman's male colleague was brought in an unconscious condition to the police station and both of them were later admitted to the Mehsana Civil Hospital, the police said.
Mehsana local crime branch police inspector H P Dave is investigating the case, an Unjha police official said.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet