Despite weeks of 'raised' police presence across Delhi, woman gangraped
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL spot-fixing case: Delhi Police to trace money trail in four cities
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Mumbai Indians bowl, Sachin Tendulkar misses out
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
- 5 differently abled orphan girls beaten, raped in Jaipur residential school
In another shocking case of gangrape, a 42-year-old woman was sexually assaulted by three men who dumped her in south-east Delhi last night.
The woman, the mother of a young boy, who hails from Jaipur, alleged that she was raped in Uttar Pradesh and dumped in south-east Delhi's Kalkaji area last night.
One of the suspects named by the victim Dileep Verma was picked up from Agra and brought to Delhi for further interrogation, Delhi Police spokesperson Rajan Bhagat said.
Verma claimed that he has known the victim for the last five years.
The fresh case comes close on the heels of a 23-year-old girl being gangraped in a moving bus in south Delhi on December 16.
The fresh incident came to light around 9.15 pm when a passerby saw the woman lying on a road and called the police.
The victim had gone to Vrindavan on December 22 and was returning home yesterday.
She claimed she met Verma there and he accompanied her in a car to her hometown. On the way, Verma's two friends joined them.
"She told us that she was gagged, sedated and raped by the trio. They took turns to rape her," a senior police official said.
The official said after they started the journey from Vrindavan and it is claimed they visited an ashram where she was alleged raped after being drugged.
Police said she was conscious and taken to AIIMS Trauma Centre where she is undergoing treatment. A case of gangrape under section 376(G) has been registered.
Three teams have been formed and are raiding several places to catch the other two accused.
A senior police official said it is alleged that the woman had earlier tried to get a rape case registered in Agra against Verma but after investigations, police did not file any case. Police was verifying it, the official said.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations