Woman, son hit by car while crossing road, sustain injuries
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Chennai Super Kings bat, Sachin Tendulkar still out
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
A mother and son were critically injured in a hit-and-run case on Saturday at the Sector 27-30 crossing when the duo were crossing the road.
According to police, the accident took place at about 6.05 pm in the evening when they were walking towards Sector 27 and were hit from behind by a car.
The car hit the duo and the fled the scene. The impact of the car with the two was so intense that the number plate of the car broke into pieces in the spot.
However, the registration number could not be noted down by any passerby, said the police.
The injured, 45-year-old Parvati and her son 13-year-old Vipin, residents of Sector 27, were taken to GMCH-32 where the boy was being operated upon till the filing of this report and the mother had also received injuries on her face and her teeth were broken.
The family members had reached the hospital where the two were undergoing treatment.
Police officials said that the doctors have declared them unfit for giving a statement and investigations are on in the case.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held