Women don't need mobile phones, says BSP MP
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
Bahujan Samaj Party MP Rajpal Saini said children, specially girls, should not be given mobile phones.
"There is no need to give phones to women and children. It distracts them and is useless. Why do women need phones? My mother, wife and sister never had mobile phones. They survived without one," Saini said in a meeting in Muzaffarnagar.
Saini later clarified that said he meant that students of certain age should not be given mobile phones.
"What I am saying is that students should not be given mobile phones... It is the age to study, and mobile phones are a distraction," he said.
In July, a village panchayat in Bagpat district of Uttar Pradesh had banned love marriage, barred women below 40 years of age from going out for shopping and girls from using mobile phones.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow