Women injecting fat into their bodies 'on the rise'
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
The trend among women to increase the size of their bottoms to look like Jennifer Lopez and Kim Kardashian is catching on in the UK as figures show that more women are injecting fat into their bodies than having it removed.
Annual figures from the British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (BAAPS) show the number of fat transfer procedures has overtaken the numbers having liposuction for the first time, the Daily Mail reported.
Cosmetic surgeons say women are increasingly looking to boost their curves and rejuvenate saggy areas by having their own fat removed from one area and transferred into another – most commonly from flabby areas like the thighs to their bottoms, breasts and face.
The association's surgeons also say scandals over defective PIP breast implants and controversy over fillers such as Botox are prompting women to seek options in which the body's own fat supplies are used.
Thousands of women have had the faulty PIP implants removed after it was found they could leak industrial-grade silicon into the body.
BAAPS' figures show a decrease in the number of women seeking breast-enlargement surgery in the past year. This has been attributed to the scandal. Normally, this number rises each year.
The annual figures show that the number of women having fat transfer procedures has risen by 13 percent to 2,641, overtaking the number of liposuction operations (2,638) for the first time.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM