Women should be conscious of what they wear: Trinamool MP
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Reviving the age-old debate on how women should dress, actor-turned Trinamool MP Chiranjit Chakroborty said women should be "conscious" of what they wear.
"We should definitely work towards removing this stigma but again women can be a little more conscious about what they are wearing," Chiranjit said at the Barasat police station where he had gone to inquire regarding an eve-teasing case.
He, however, asserted, "Any act of eve-teasing should be condemned and the culprit caught and punished."
Chiranjit inquired about the progress made in the case involving a youth who was caught allegedly teasing a girl at Barasat railway station in North 24 Parganas district last night.
The girl, a resident of Banamalipur, was returning from tuition when the accused Ramesh Das started teasing her. He was caught by people at the station and was beaten up.
The girl's father was also present at the station, sources said.
Das was then handed over to the police, produced before a local court that remanded him to judicial custody for 14 days.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet