Women should party at home, says Jind SP
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
A day after a BJP MLA from Rajasthan said that banning skirts as school uniform was a solution to crimes against women, in Haryana's Jind, SP Saurabh Singh on Sunday suggested that women celebrate New Year at home.
Singh has given three suggestions to women planning to celebrate New Year. His press statement said that women should stay indoors with their family and celebrate New Year at home. If they want to celebrate in a hotel, they must not interact with strangers. They must stay away from alcohol, and in case of any untoward incident promptly inform the police.
Singh also cautioned parents, saying at times parents are not aware of where their children are celebrating the New Year, and come to know of it only when their children have committed some crime and the police have caught them. Singh was unavailable to explain his instructions.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow