Women's WCup: England recover from poor start to post competitive total
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Knight also did not last too long after Brindle's fall, dragging a ball on to her stumps while trying to sweep a wide ball from leg spinner Sandanali Dolawatte as England slipped to 114 for five.
However, the recovery for the holders was continued in good measure by the pair of Gunn and Jones who helped the team close in on the 200 mark by batting through the second power-play period.
Lanka snapped the partnership with the final ball of the 47th over, which brought Brunt to the crease, and the tall batter hit Kaushalya for a six and a four in the penultimate over.
England 238 for 8 (A Brindle 31, H Knight 38, J Gunn 52, A Jones 41; K Lokusooriya 2 for 49, C Senevirathne 2 for 35, S Siriwardena 2 for 62) v Sri Lanka.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet