Wonders, Spankers top table
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
Willingdon Wonders and Bombay Gymkhana 'Spankers' registered crucial bonus-point wins to top their respective groups in the third week of the World Zoroastrian Organization Trust Mumbai Snooker League, organised by the Billiards & Snooker Association of Maharashtra and hosted by Dadar Parsee Colony Gymkhana.
The Wonders, who were on seven points last week, beat Elphinstone Cricket Club 'Buddhas' in home and away ties to take their tally to 12 in Group I, while 'Spankers' overcame PJ Hindu Gymkhana 'Golden Boys' to also swell their tally to 12 in Group G.
The other bonus-point winners who lead their respective groups are Khar Gymkhana 'Jaws' in Group C, Islam Gymkhana 'Incredibles' in Group H, Radio 'Dickras' in Group K and JVPG 'Tigers' in Group L.
Arun Agrawal of Elphinstone Cricket Club 'Blue Ribbands' registered the highest break of the week with a 56, followed by Ishpreet Singh Chadha of Khar Gymkhana 'Contenders' (53), Aditya Agrawal of Bombay Gymkhana 'Spankers' (51) and Jatinder 'Sunny' Dawer of NSCI 'Terminators' (50).
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet