Working with Vishal Bhardwaj dream come true: Anushka Sharma
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Actress Anushka Sharma, who turns Haryanvi belle in Vishal Bhardwaj's upcoming film 'Matru Ki Bijli Ka Mandola', says working with the director was a great learning curve.
Anushka is a huge fan of Bhardwaj's films like 'Maqbool' and 'Omkara' so the film, which also stars Imran Khan and Pankaj Kapoor, was a wish fulfillment.
"He has a completely different perspective which is not the usual or cliche and he has been on my top directors list. Vishal sir is a very knowledgeable man and well read. Working with him has been really interesting and a learning curve for me," Anushka said.
The 24-year-old star plays the character of a girl who is not very expressive when it comes to her emotions. Anushka says she had an unusual meeting with Vishal before getting the role.
"He just called me one day saying he had a role for me. I met him some days later and he narrated the script to me and it was so hilarious that I fell off my chair and I was aware that he did not know me that well. I thought he would think something was wrong with me," says Anushka.
Though the film is set in a fictional town of Haryana, Anushka says she portrays a modern chracter.
"I play Bijli in the film which is based in a fictional town of Haryana called Mandola. It is also the name of Pankaj Kapoor's character, who is my father in the film. His daughter is well educated. She comes back and gets involved in the politics and the relationships of the small town.
"But as a character she is not very expressive about her emotions and she is in denial about whatever she is feeling. She paints this really happy, almost a bit too happy picture. Playing this role was quite a journey." After wrapping up 'Matru Ki Bijli Ka Mandola, Anushka begins working on Rajkumar Hirani's 'Peekay' which will see her going for a drastic makeover.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet