Workshops every month to help citizens have a say on ESR
- Spot-fixing: Petition in SC seeks stay on IPL matches, demands SIT probe
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Sanjay Dutt spends restless nights as officials yet to decide on his jail
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Yahoo! says will acquire Tumblr for $1.1 bn, eyes billion visitors mark
To encourage citizens to participate in the preparations of the annual environment status report (ESR), the Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) will conduct workshops twice a month enabling citizens to understand the procedure of preparing ESR that gives details of the impact of civic projects and development on nature.
The civic body has been preparing the ESR for the past 15 years as per the rules framed by the state government. Over the past few years, the civic body has involved citizens in preparation of the ESR and has included citizens' individual efforts in improving environment and environment-friendly practices in the report.
The ESR is based on the data collected from all the civic departments and other institutes. "This time we want to include information about the environment that is available with citizens. There are many who closely monitor the changes in the environment in their respective areas," said PMC environment officer Mangesh Dighe.
He said citizens will be trained to contribute in preparing the ESR at the workshop that will be held on every first and third Saturday of every month at Indradhanush Centre in Rajendranagar.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'