World’s smallest house takes only 1 day to build
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Michael Hussey, Suresh Raina propel Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
A German architect is trying to tackle the housing crisis by creating the world's smallest house, which measures just one square metre and takes only a day to build.
There is enough space for a bench inside the cosy wooden building and at night it can be rolled backwards to transform it into a bed.
Architect Van Bo Le-Mentzel is now giving blueprints of his invention One SQM away in the hope it will improve the struggling housing market.
"I wanted to offer people a plan to build their own house," the Sun quoted him as saying.
"You could take it and live in a park or a lake, or on a rooftop.
"It's a real house that you can add a heater, solar panel or toilet to if you want," he said.
Builders will need just a hammer and saw, plus 20 metres of timber, 200 screws, four wheels, and a glass window and door to build the 40 kg building.
"The philosophy behind my project was to come up with an idea that people can develop," he said.
"I want them to question why a few brains in the world decide how and where we have to live and set house prices," he added.
Around 100 have been built around the world, including Hong Kong and Hollywood.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held