Worth your buck
- Rs 20L seized from Ajit Chandila relative's home, another ex-cricketer held
- India and China ask SRs to work on more border steps
- Can't charge man with rape over consensual sex even if marriage eludes: Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabian authorities refuse to accept new Indian passports
- FIR filed against Facebook for not discontinuing hate page
You carry your phone almost everywhere, which means that finding the right one is key. If you are in search of an affordable thin and light smartphone that does not compromise either on style or performance, look no further. Mobile service provider Idea Cellular has expanded its 3G devices portfolio with the addition of a new dual-SIM smartphone called Aurus. Ideal for today's fashion-conscious generation, this smart-looking device comes with a longer battery life. What's more, it is available at an attractive price of R7,190.
The fourth phone in the Idea 3G smartphone portfolio, Idea Aurus, is a stylish yet powerful device which can deliver 'smart life' to its users with the unique video-calling facility, Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) operating system, 800 MHz processor, superior 3.5 inch multi-touch screen display, and cloud backup functionality.
After several years of growth, Android has become the hottest mobile operating system now. More and more Android phones have better hardware these days. With its large, bright screen, Aurus is the perfect device for watching movies and playing games, and the built-in music player with supplied in-ear headphones offer excellent sound quality.
In my test-run, streaming a movie from YouTube was a seamless affair. With the large touch screen, viewing a movie on the Idea phone was easy on the eyes. The quality is actually very good. The handset packs a 5 megapixel primary camera, along with a front camera to support video calls allowing users to not only talk but see the person live, that too in real-time.
Aurus comes pre-loaded with Idea TV, Idea Mall and a host of apps like Gravity sensor, built in social media apps such as Facebook, Twitter, Orkut, YouTube, GPS, Wi-Fi, games, music etc. The handset comes with an in-ear handsfree. It also has a 4 GB external memory card.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'