Would like to make more sequels of Dabangg: Malaika Arora Khan
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
In 2010 Salman Khan delivered the biggest hit of the year: Dabangg. Now that he is coming back with a sequel, producer Malaika Arora Khan says the brand Dabangg will be carried forward.
Malaika turned film producer along with her husband Arbaaz Khan for 'Dabangg'.
"'Dabangg' is a brand....When we were making the first film, we did not make it with the intention that we want to make part two. It was later that we realised there is a potential and we can take the film ahead," Malaika said.
"We would definitely like to make Dabangg 3,4. But it is too early to say anything right now."
Salman himself had said earlier this year that in 'Dabangg 3', his Chulbul Pandey will be posted in Mumbai, as the Police Commissioner!
Talking about Salman, Malaika said, "He is doing fantastic. He has really worked very hard to reach where he is today. Actors have ups and downs, it is not easy. The best part is, his fan following has always been consistent."
Malaika said the combination of Salman and `Dabangg' brand will create magic this year. "It is obvious that at the end of the day a Salman Khan film will without doubt have a good opening. But let's not forget that `Dabangg' is also a brand. There are loyal fans that would come to watch."
"People loved the character of Chulbul Pandey, enjoyed the desi hardcore feel."
'Dabangg 2' sees the return of Salman and Sonakshi in the leads. It is expected to release in December. But director Abhinav Kashyap has been now replaced by Arbaaz Khan.
Malaika admitted that there would be some pressure. "Now the pressure is of different sort as we have to live up to the expectations of the people," she said.
In `Dabangg 1', Malaika's item number `Munni Badnaam Hui' had become a chartbuster. In the sequel, her friend Kareena Kapoor will stepping into her shoes.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet