You are beautiful, Sharad Yadav tells reporter
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
In his attempt to parry direct answer to an innocuous question, NDA convener Sharad Yadav ended up calling a woman reporter "beautiful".
When asked to choose between Madhya Pradesh and Bihar, the states he has represented in Parliament, the JD(U) chief said "both states are beautiful, the whole country is beautiful, even you are beautiful''. The comment made in lighter vein did not offend the reporter.
When reached for comments later, a JD(U) leader quoted Yadav as saying he did not say anything inappropriate. "Usme galat kya hai... sari bachhiyan khubsurat hoti hai," Yadav said in the presence of his own daughter.
When a couple of TV channels ran the comment as 'sexist,' the party checked with the reporter if she felt embarrassed and was relieved when she answered in the negative.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow