Young turks in the house
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
B J Panda had four questions — on measures to increase hydro-electric production, implementation of the Integrated Child Development Scheme in Orissa, possibility of a new central scheme for adolescent girls, and likelihood of tapping non-conventional energy to light up Orissa villages. .
Supriya Sule had questions on school coverage in the country, possibility of making anti-dowry laws harsher, and malnutrition and millennium development goals.
Kanimozhi did not have questions, but she condemned the attack on CPI(M) headquarters during a short discussion on the issue.
Rajeev Chandrasekhar was not seen in the House, but had some unstarred questions — on Rajiv Gandhi Grameen Vidyutikaran Yojana in Karnataka, and the pending approval of the Gundia Hydroelectric Project in Karnataka with the Central Electricity Authority.
During a discussion on the Rail Budget Naveen Jindal praised the Railway Ministry for its improved operating ratio, increased revenues and improvement in behaviour of its staff, but said it needed to work on punctuality of trains. He also demanded an increase in reservation for women in RPF recruitments from the proposed 5 per cent to 25 per cent. He then walked across to the Opposition benches and was seen busy chatting with. BJP member Yashodara Raje Scindia. Jindal also had a written question about the Government's plan to develop an indigenous Airborne Early Warning and Control System (AWACS); and the possibilities of marketing Indian technology for surveillance equipment in world markets.
Dushyant Singh: Had an oral question on whether the Government is considering reduction in mobile phone charges and an increase in the number of telephone connections in villages during 2008-09 and 2009-10.
Kuldeep Bishnoi: Written question about the Government's plan regarding marking of gold ornaments in the country..
Jyotiraditya Scindia: Had a written question regarding an agreement to strengthen defence ties with Malaysia.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM