Younger brother of Congress MP arrested in J-K
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Madras High Court issues notice to BCCI, Sports Minister over IPL spot-fixing
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- Govt further cuts import tariff value of gold
Younger brother of a sitting Congress MP from Udhampur-Doda Lok Sabha constituency, Choudhary Lal Singh, was among half a dozen people arrested by police after they were caught red handed illegally extracting stones at Sahar Khad in Kathua district.
Identifying Congress MP's brother as Sohan Singh, police said that nearly half a dozen of his employees along with a number of tippers, poclain and one JCB were taken into custody. A case has been registered against all of them.
The District Magistrate, Kathua, Zahida Khan had two months ago imposed prohibitory orders banning extraction of stones and sand from near the railway line, under the bridges and the culverts in the district. Accordingly, a notice was also served on him like owners of other stone crushers.
However, while others shut their operation, he continued with his illegal mining activity, police added.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow