Youth arrested for rape, circulating MMS
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
A youth was today arrested for allegedly raping a girl and circulating an obscene MMS featuring her, police said.
"A 21-year-old youth Sashank Kashyap was arrested for raping a girl residing in his neighbourhood. He had gone to the girl's house and on finding her alone laced her drink with sedatives. After she fell unconscious, he raped her and also filmed the act and circulated an obscene MMS," police said.
Sashank was accompanied to the girl's house by his cousin Raja, who hails from Ajmer, they said.
Sashank, a resident of Moti Saarni village of Dahod taluka, was after the girl for quite sometime, and somehow became friends with her recently, according to police.
The MMS was initially circulated among the locals which was later noticed by the family members of the victim, who filed a complaint with the police.
A case has been registered against the youth under IPC section 374, 328, 292, 506 and 114 and further investigations were underway, police said.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet