Youth attempts rape, attacks girl with blade for raising alarm
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
A 16-year-old girl was attacked here with a blade allegedly by an unidentified youth, when she tried to resist his sexual advances, leaving her critically injured, police said today.
The incident took place yesterday in Paraswani village under Gaurela police station area when the Class XI student was returning from school in Kodri near her native, Superintendent of Police Ratanlal Dangi said.
The accused allegedly stopped the girl on her way back home at an isolated place between the two villages and attempted to outrage her modesty, he said.
He attacked her with the blade when she raised an alarm and fled the spot, Dangi said.
The girl has been admitted to a government hospital with severe injuries, he said. Three suspects have been taken into custody in this connection and further investigations are on, police added.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM