Youth attempts to rape mentally challenged girl
A youth allegedly tried to rape a mentally-challenged teenaged girl at Surbra village in the district's Narwana subdivision, police said on Monday.
Mahavir dragged the victim to his house while she was passing the area and tried to rape her, police said.
But her mother, who was nearby, heard the victim's cries and rushed to her rescue, they said, adding, the accused fled from the spot.
On the basis of a complaint filed by the victim's father, police have registered a case against the youth at the Uchana police station and are conducting raids at various places to nab the accused.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95 lakh on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry and paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow