Youth attempts to rape mentally challenged girl
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
A youth allegedly tried to rape a mentally-challenged teenaged girl at Surbra village in the district's Narwana subdivision, police said on Monday.
Mahavir dragged the victim to his house while she was passing the area and tried to rape her, police said.
But her mother, who was nearby, heard the victim's cries and rushed to her rescue, they said, adding, the accused fled from the spot.
On the basis of a complaint filed by the victim's father, police have registered a case against the youth at the Uchana police station and are conducting raids at various places to nab the accused.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held