Youth Cong leader, two others booked for raping dailt girl
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- BSE Sensex falls 49 pts, Larsen & Toubro Limited shares hit by Q4 data
A case has been registered against a youth Congress leader and two others for allegedly kidnapping and raping an 18-year-old dalit girl in Raigarh district of Chhattisgarh, police said today.
"Case has been registered against Goldy Nayak, Youth Congress president of Sarangarh constituency, and his two associates for allegedly kidnapping and raping the class XII student, based on her complaint yesterday," Superintendent of
Police Praphull Thakur said.
"The two associates have been identified as Bhimsen Banjare and Manoj Banjare," police said, adding, all of them were absconding.
However, the Goldy's car that was used in the crime has been seized, SP said.
"The accused kidnapped the girl on January 1 from a bus stand in Sarangarh town of the district when the victim was returning along with her friends from Chandrapur. From there, they took her to Raigarh where they raped her for two days at a house," he said.
As per the victim's statement, the accused had snatched her mobile phone and abandoned her at a lonely place. They also threatened her not to reveal the offence to anyone or else they would kill her parents, he said.
Goldy is reported to be a journalist with a regional newspaper as well, he said.
The case has been booked under relevant sections of IPC and SC/ST Act, he said, adding, the efforts were on to trace them.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow