Youth Cong’s Gandhigiri against power cuts
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
The Punjab Youth Congress staged a Gandhigiri protest against power cuts here on Sunday, with state president Vikram Chaudhary presenting a lamp and a hand fan to PWD minister Sharanjit Singh Dhillon . Chaudhary asked him to use this lamp because there was hardly any power in the state.
The Minister too accepted it with a 'thank you'. The minister, however, stated that because of less rainfall, the power scenario was very bad. Otherwise, the power corporation had made enough arrangements for the consumers.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet