Youth falls into well, rescue operation on
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
A 20-year-old youth today fell into a 30-ft deep well in Liluah area of Howrah district, police said.
Rausan Ali Mondal, a mason by profession, slipped and fell into the well at Eksara village.
Disaster Management Minister Javed Khan said in Kolkata that fire brigade and disaster management personnel were carrying out rescue work at the site.
"Water is being pumped out from the well where some gas was also found. Divers along with masks, search lights and generator have been sent to the spot," Khan said.
The incident came hours after the body of four-year-old Mahi was pulled out from a 70-feet-deep borewell near Manesar where she was trapped for the past four days.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet