Youth held for trying to hurl footwear at Maha CM
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Mumbai Indians continue to lose wickets
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
A youth was detained after he tried to throw footwear at Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan when he was addressing a farmers' rally in Pandharpur, police said.
Mahesh Kedar, who claims to be Madha taluka president of 'Raghunath Dada Patil Shetkari Sanghatna', was intercepted by police when he rushed towards the stage, holding footwear in his hand, from where Chavan was addressing the meeting, they said.
Chavan visited Sitaram Sugar Factory to inaugurate the sugarcane crushing season and was addressing farmers when the incident took place in the afternoon, police said.
Kedar was overpowered by police before he could reach near the stage.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held