Yuvraj Singh gets ready for IPL-6
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
Senior batsman Yuvraj Singh has set his sights on the upcoming edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL) and has started preparing for the Twenty20 League starting from April 3 in Kolkata.
"I have started preparing for the IPL season 6," said Yuvraj, who plays for Sahara Pune Warriors in the IPL.
Yuvraj's comments came on the sidelines of the launch of the limited edition 'YouWeCan Swiss Army Knife' in the capital today.
The Yuvraj Singh Foundation, which is the initiative of the champion cricketer to spread awareness about cancer, has partnered with Victorinox, the legendary Swiss Army knife manufacturer since 1894, to come up with the special edition of Swiss knifes.
"The Victorinox YouWeCan knife conveys a spirit of reliability and versatility and I feel it is a fitting tribute to the cause of Yuvi Foundation. All that I would like to say is if Yuvi Can, YOU CAN," said the 31-year-old from Chandigarh.
Yuvraj, who fought the dreaded disease himself before successfully returning to international cricket, said," Having faced a testing time against cancer, I believe that no matter how hard the battle is, one can overcome it through self-determination."
We (the foundation) has partnered with ISC (Indian Cancer Society). YouWeCan is spreading its wings and we are making efforts to aware people about the cancer," he added.
Asked about the fourth India-Australia Test beginning here tomorrow, Yuvraj refused to comment on it.
"Today is not the occasion," was all he said in his reply.
The knife has been made available on 'flipkart.com' as an e-commerce partner for the first 45 days prior to the official launch. Every special edition knife would be coming with an autograph of Yuvraj embossed on the knife's blade.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM