Yuvraj Singh scores 47 against India colts in a practice game
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Yuvraj Singh, who is recuperating well from a rare germ cell cancer played a practice match for the first time since his return to field scoring 47 for KSCA XI against India U-19 team which is gearing up for the Youth World Cup.
Although it was "purely a practice match" as termed by one of the KSCA officials, Yuvraj, who is among the 30-member probables for the World Twenty20 scored 47 off 70 balls hitting a couple of boundaries and a six in the process.
The match that was played near Maahadevpura on the outskirts of Bangalore saw Yuvraj bowl five overs of left-arm spin and also fielded for a good 30 overs.
"Finally played my first practice game after 8 months! Got 47 of 70 balls bowled 5 overs fielded 30 overs! Not bad for a start !!," Yuvraj tweeted.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in ‘friendly fire’